Snack, Party and Be Scary!
Halloween may be all about candy for most people, but for us, it’s all about indulging the healthy way. Get into the Halloween spirit with these delicious and easy to make, bariatric friendly snacks!
This avocado ranch dip with Greek yogurt is un-BOO-lievably good! Easy to make and Halloween party friendly, this dip is sure to please a crowd.
*Serves about 1 1/4 cups.
- 2/3 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp nonfat milk
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 1/4 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Snipped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients (except optional chive garnish) in a food processor and process until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides as needed. Taste and adjust salt if desired.
- Serve immediately, alongside vegetables or whole-grain tortilla chips. Decorate as desired!
*Varies depending upon the type of Greek yogurt used.
Give ’em pumpkin to talk about!
These delicious whole wheat pumpkin muffins are festive and low in fat and calories!
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cups mashed, plain pumpkin
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Position oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place foil muffin cups in a 12-cup muffin pan or spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Cream egg and sugar with electric mixer until thickened. Stir in pumpkin, vanilla and milk until well-mixed.
- Gently stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices until combined. Stir in walnuts.
- Drop batter into prepared muffin pan.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tester inserted in the middle of muffins come out clean. Enjoy!
- Calories: 156.4
- Total Fat: 4.0g
- Carbohydrates: 28.2g
- Protein: 4.2g
If the broom fits…
Low in carbohydrates and saturated fat, these witch’s broomstick party snacks are the perfect Halloween treat!
*Makes 12 servings.
- 8 string cheese sticks
- 24 pretzel sticks
- Fresh chives
- Cut each string cheese stick in thirds.
- Make lengthwise cuts around the cheese stick to about half way up.
- In the uncut end of the cheese, insert a pretzel stick.
- Bind with a piece of chive. Cut off extra chive. Enjoy!
- Calories: 57
- Total Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Protein: 4g