Stelios Rekkas, MD, FACS
A native of the region, Dr. Rekkas grew up in Anna Maria Island, Florida. After graduating from Manatee High School, he went on to graduate with high honors from the University of Florida. He then attended medical school at Florida State University. He completed his general surgery residency at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach and then completed a fellowship in minimally invasive, bariatric and robotic surgery.
He specializes in minimally invasive surgeries that can provide less scarring and pain and may offer a quicker recovery for his patients. He is one of the few surgeons in Florida that performs robotic surgery using the da Vinci® Surgical System.
Dr. Rekkas is the Director of Bariatric Surgery at Manatee Memorial Hospital and is board certified in general surgery.
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- American Medical Association
- Manatee County Medical Society